Things that made me smile this week

16 December


Taking long walks in the sunshine.

Followed by reading and long afternoon naps.

The heavenly taste of a Rocky Road donut from Dunkin Donuts. Haters gonna hate but I am a DD fan. It's also cool that the South African DD offers some variations that are not available in the US.

Purchasing tickets to see The Vamps at one of the most scenic concert venues, Kirstenbosch. Equally pleasing, finding their first album on takealot.com for a mere R37.

Finding a pair of slim-fit pants for work...that actually fit me.

Finally watching The Girl on the Train at newly revamped Labia. What an intense film, which did justice to a page-turner of a novel.

Seeing the larger-than-life Christmas decorations at Canal Walk.

Brunch with a good friend at Villa Rosa (formerly Isabella's), Willowbridge. I had one of the best toasted chicken and mayo sandwiches I've had in years - and coming from the biggest chicken mayo fan, that is high praise indeed.

Enjoying a monstrous piece of carrot cake and a glass of Gewürztraminer under the trees at Altydgedacht Wine Estate.

Watching Brooklyn which I enjoyed a lot more than I expected. The NYC scenes made me very nostalgic while the main character's words at the end of the film resonated with me.

Watching these beach tips from Suzelle: Suzelle's Beach Hacks

Comments