Things that made me smile this week

20 January



After last week with goodbyes and getting back to the grindstone, not to mention the imminent inauguration in the US, I was certainly in need of some smiles this week.  And, as always, the Universe did not disappoint.

Watching Rhinestone, starring Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone:  "Can a tough-talkin' hillbilly gal with everything to lose and slick city guy who hits all the wrong notes finally find a way to make beautiful music together?".  The short answer is yes!  Sylvester was surprisingly funny and Dolly was her usual fabulous self.

Watching Bravestarr, with his powers of "hawk, wolf, puma and bear". I got my hands on the entire series which takes me back to the carefree days of childhood.

Booking flights to Ireland!  Hands down, this brought the biggest smile to my face this week.  Ireland has always been at the back of my mind as a holiday destination so excitement levels are high.  It is also convenient that South Africans do not need visas to visit The Republic of Ireland (one day I will know the joys of visa-free travel!)

Receiving a belated Christmas gift from someone in the US.

Watching this video of  Misheard Song Lyrics

The back-to-school Checkers ad ("You can't touch this") - the woman rubbing her tummy makes me giggle every time.

Catching up with an old friend in vibrant Greenmarket Square in the heart of the city.

And finally, getting Benny the Banana:



Comments