Things that made me smile this week

10 February


A long overdue visit to the Old Biscuit Mill in Woodstock.

Short rib mac and cheese balls, a home-made chicken pie and a German brownie.  I have had a lot of brownies in my life but this just might be the best I've ever had, but I am willing to take up the challenge of finding other competitors.

A Saturday afternoon nap.

New albums:
Roxette - Good Karma (see my review of the album)
Miley Cyrus - The Time of Our Lives & Can't Be Tamed
Celtic Thunder - Mythology (to put me in an Irish state of mind ahead of my upcoming trip)

The Melissa McCarthy Kia ad.

Lady Gaga's Superbowl Halftime show.  Damn she knows how to put on a show!  Now, what do I have to do to see her Joanne Tour?

Watching Twelfth Night under the stars at Maynardville, an open-air theatre.  The dominatrix boots, the pink suitcases, the yellow cross-gartered stockings, the sexual innuendos and an African twist on a Shakespearean classic made for a wonderful evening of entertainment.

Margarita pizza.

A Grade 9 mannequin challenge.

Celebrating a birthday with good friends at Jerry's Burger Bar, where I had a mouthwatering hotdog that was no ordinary hotdog.

Comments