Things that made me smile this week

3 March


This segment of Slices has been missing for a couple of weeks, largely because I have been through a bit of a rough patch healthwise, which meant that smiles were few and far between.  However, I'm pleased to say that I am doing much better and I have been smiling a lot more - as it should be!  Here are some of the moments that brought some happiness to my week(s)...

First and foremost, the biggest smile from getting an all-clear from my blood tests.

A visit to our school by a group of US students and their teachers.  The visit was a huge success and a learning experience for both the local students as well as the visitors.  17-year-old James Charles, the first male model for CoverGirl cosmetics, was part of the group and caused quite a sensation - I had no idea he had so many fans in Cape Town!  He was very gracious and friendly and subsequently shared his positive experiences in SA with his 1.5 million Instagram followers.

A snow globe from Albany, NY.  I was very touched by this gift which left me feeling nostalgic about the two years I spent in this great city, not to mention the amazing people I met while I was there.

Shopping for great bargains.

Selfies and autographs at the 7de Laan meet-and-greet (despite the chaos that ensued).  The actress who plays Alexa even remembered me from last year's meet-and-greet.

Finding Ronan Keating's latest album, Time of my Life, on sale.

Watching James and the Giant Peach - brilliant interpretation of a Roald Dahl classic.

A delicious brunch at Ukama after not eating "real" food for two weeks.

Tickets for Priscilla, Queen of the Desert at the Artscape in April

Purchasing the stunning Emperor Cardigan online (with 25% off).


The memes following the disastrous Best Picture announcement at the Oscars.

Music:  Be The One by Dua Lipa, Love by Lana Del Rey, Green Light by Lorde, To Deserve You (Remix) by Bette Midler, John Wayne (Wei Remix) by Lady Gaga

7de Laan.

And finally, a like, retweet and tweet by Tanita Tikarim:



Comments