My Favorite Things

Five Favorite Things...Right Now
/ May 2019



Medellín by Madonna feat. Maluma
I love everything about this song and the spectacular video:
the eye patch
the riding crop
the breathy one two cha-cha-cha
Madonna licking Maluma's toe
the Music cowgirl meets Like a Virgin wedding ensemble
the over-the-top Luhrmann-esque dinner party

Most of all, I love the bold new direction of Madonna's latest project, Madame X (due to be released in June).  After months of teasers on social media, a new era is here and I couldn't be more excited to see and hear what the undisputed Queen has in store for us.


Dark chocolate chocolate chip cookie from Levain Bakery
Levain Bakery, with its claims of having the world's best cookie, has been on my "to do" list for a while now and I finally found myself standing in line (yes, there is a line) outside the store on the Upper West Side.  Fortunately there aren't too many options when it comes to the cookies, though there is still the temptation to get "one of each": dark chocolate peanut butter chip, dark chocolate chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and the famous  chocolate chip walnut.  Other delectable looking baked goods include banana chocolate chip bread, lemon cake, chocolate chip brioche, blueberry muffins and assorted loaves of bread.  I also read that what the bakery doesn't sell goes to help feed the hungry which is a great initiative.


Game of Thrones
After the epic-WTF-OMG Battle of Winterfell episode, the final season of this record-breaking show is hurtling towards its conclusion.  As much as I am engrossed in the plot developments of the show itself, I am also enjoying the tongue-in-cheek tweets and hilarious memes that it has produced (my favourite was probably the tweet from Alex Rose: "On a scale from Bran Stark to Arya Stark, how much do you contribute to group projects?"). Also, if you haven't seen Jonathan van Ness' HILARIOUS summary of each episode on YouTube, Gay of Thrones, do yourself a favour and check it out.

Anastasia Coconut Patties 
I discovered these little bites of heaven on my recent trip to Key West and, since I'd indulged in a slice of the best key lime pie on the island, I tried the key lime flavour.  The packaging promises to transport you to "a tropical paradise with every creamy, chocolatey bite" and each delicious little square does just that.  Other flavours include original, orange, mango, almond, pina colada and island rum.


Avengers toys from McDonalds
While I am by no means a fan of McDonalds, the current Avengers toys in the Happy Meals are adorable.  I am a sucker for collectibles, especially superhero ones, so I have no doubt I will be ordering a few more Happy Meals before the month is over.

Comments