40 Favorite Places I've Visited



This week I say cheers to 40 years.  And I'm okay with that.  After all, no one can stop the march of time.  Anyone who knows me well also knows about my love of making lists (especially alphabetical and colour-coded ones) so, to coincide with turning 40, I decided to compile lists of four of my favourite things: travel, movies, music and literature.  Since I'm turning 40, each list will have 40 items.   The first is a list of my favourite places I've been fortunate enough to visit in the past four decades.


1. Amsterdam, The Netherlands

2. Athens, Greece

3. Austin, TX, USA

4. Barcelona, Spain

5. Berlin, Germany

6. Boston, MA, USA

7. Budapest, Hungary

8. Charlotte, SC, USA

9. Dublin, Ireland

10. Edinburgh, Scotland

11. Florence, Italy

12. Galway, Ireland

13. Hogsback, South Africa

14. Key West, FL, USA

15. Knysna, South Africa

16. Krakow, Poland

17. Langebaan, South Africa

18. Ljubljana, Slovenia

19. London, England

20. Los Angeles, CA, USA

21. Madrid, Spain

22. Montreal, Canada

23. Mykonos, Greece

24. Nashville, TN, USA

25. New Orleans, LA, USA

26. Paris, France

27. Philadelphia, PA, USA

28. Plettenberg Bay, South Africa

29. Pompeii, Italy

30. Prague, The Czech Republic

31. San Francisco, CA, USA

32. Santa Fe, NM, USA

33. Santorini, Greece

34. Savannah, GA, USA

35. Stonehenge, England

36. The Grand Canyon, USA

37. Valencia, Spain

38. Venice, Italy

39. Vienna, Austria

40. Yellowstone National Park, USA

Comments